The Safe-Tech Lift Truck / Forklift Operator Training Program consists of a full-day classroom theory session presented in an interactive format which covers all aspects of lift truck safety and operation. An on-site individual practical operating test will follow where incorrect operating techniques are identified and corrected and the pre-shift inspection procedures are also reviewed. New operators with limited or no operating experience will require practical training prior to the practical operating test. This program will provide the participant with the necessary knowledge to safely and correctly operate your specific class of lift truck(s) and attachments.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed the CSA Standard, B335-04 and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks”.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Hazard awareness
- Operator responsibility
- Pedestrian awareness
- Defensive operating
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Working at height (lift truck specific)
- Vehicle stability
- Load integrity and selection
- Dock area safety
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/offloading
- Travelling on grades
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Battery charging and changing (when applicable)
- Propane cylinder exchange (when applicable)
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the classroom training. The operator is tested individually and put through a series of operating tasks and manoeuvres to assess competency and safety awareness on the equipment. Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures are also covered. Average testing time is approximately 30 minutes per operator. Additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type and aptitude of the operator. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled.
DURATION AND LOCATION
- Full-day classroom theory training held on site at your location and;
- 30 minute practical operating test on-site at your location on the operator’s regularly scheduled shift (additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment)*
- Classroom theory training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 pieces of equipment (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests
- Framed wall certificate for company
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records become misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. "If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge".