The Safe-Tech Lift Truck Operator Instructor Program is designed to fulfill the knowledge requirements of a Lift Truck trainer and to instruct participants on how to provide effective training and conduct evaluations of your Lift Truck operators. Training is specific to the equipment types used in your operation. To assist the client in building an effective classroom theory program, a comprehensive DVD training program and additional visual training aids are provided.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed the CSA Standard, B335-04 and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks”.
Instructor candidates must be competent on all lift truck classes and attachments that they will be required to instruct on and be effective communicators with strong verbal and directional skills. To meet the CSA Standard B335-04, additional instructor pre-requisites may be required including WHMIS Certification and TDG Certification when applicable.
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Hazard awareness
- Operator responsibility
- Pedestrian awareness
- Defensive operating
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Working at height (lift truck specific)
- Vehicle stability
- Load integrity and selection
- Dock area safety
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/offloading
- Travelling on grades
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Battery charging and changing (when applicable)
- Propane cylinder exchange (when applicable)
- Safe-Lift DVD Program
- Practical training and testing techniques
DURATION & LOCATION
Three part program is available 24/7 and conducted on site at client’s location.
- Part one consists of a 1 day in-class session covering the required theory components of a Lift Truck Instructor program.
- Part two is conducted on the floor and covers the practical instructional and evaluation techniques required to be deemed a competent instructor (typically runs ½ – 1 day dependent on the number of participants and equipment types used at your location).
- Part three consists of instructional in-class coaching and assists the participants in developing presentation skills and confidence with course content. (This component may be considered optional for participants with prior instructional experience and a sound knowledge of course content.)
INSTRUCTOR REFRESHER PROGRAM
- Instructor refresher is also available as a 1 day program suitable for personnel who have previously completed the Safe-Tech Lift Truck Operator Instructor Program.
- Written examination
- Practical operating instruction and testing
- Record of training report
- Individual wallet certificates (for course participants)
- Instructor manuals complete with: Safe-Tech Lift Truck Operator Training Manual, equipment specific pre-shift inspection forms, operator evaluation forms and practical operating tests.
- Safe-Tech DVD Training Program complete with: instructor manual, operator manual, exam, 10 certificates (this is the same program provided by the O.S.S.A. and the I.A.P.A.)
- "Danger Zone" Pedestrian DVD and "What's Wrong With This?" Lift Truck Safety DVD.
- Additional training aids provided include: a 16" x 30" demo capacity rating plate and a 1/14th scale model fork lift with racking system and varied load types.
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your internal records become unavailable.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.