The Safe-Tech Overhead Crane Operator Refresher Training Program is a two-part program consisting of in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing. The program reviews a broad spectrum of overhead crane operation and rigging focussing on those particular to your operation. This program is suitable for operators who have previously completed a comprehensive Overhead Crane Operator training program.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent guidelines and regulations including components from CSA Standard B167-08 and ANSI/ASME B30.2.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Basic equipment and design principles
- Pre-shift equipment inspections
- Types of hardware
- Safe hoisting/operating techniques
- Hand signals for slingers and operators
- Occurrence/damages causes
- Internal responsibility
- Equipment applications/rigging
- Pedestrian/operator safety
- Hitches and angles
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 2 operators at a time for approximately 30 – 60 minutes.
DURATION & LOCATION
- 4 hour in-class program held on-site at your location (duration is dependent on type(s) of cranes and attachments and complexity of operation)
- Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with two operators at a time for approximately 30-60 minutes.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records are damaged or misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.