The Safe-Tech 0 – 8 Ton Mobile Crane Operator Training Program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing. The program covers a broad spectrum of mobile crane operation and basic rigging focusing on those particular to your operation. Participants will learn how to safely and effectively operate your specific mobile crane(s), attachments and related components. This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. Note: This program is not designed for operators who work with mobile cranes that operate on public roadways.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Basic equipment and design principles
- Pre-shift equipment inspections
- Types of hardware
- Safe hoisting/operating techniques
- Hand signals for slingers and operators
- Occurrence/damages causes
- Turning and flipping loads
- Capacity ratings/load weight calculations
- Internal responsibility
- Equipment applications/basic rigging
- Hitches and angles
- Pedestrian/operator safety
- Outrigger blocking & cribbing
- Underfoot conditions
- Power line safety awareness
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 2 operators at a time for approximately 60 minutes.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEWOPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment application(s) and aptitude of the participant. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled.
DURATION & LOCATION
6 – 8 hour in-class program held on-site at your location (duration is dependent on type(s) of cranes and attachments and complexity of operation)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with two operators at a time for approximately 60 minutes.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records are damaged or misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.