The Safe-Tech Powered Pallet Truck Instructor Program is a 1-day program designed to fulfill the knowledge requirements of a trainer and to instruct participants on how to provide effective training and evaluation of your pallet truck operators. Training is specific to the equipment types used in your operation. To assist the client in building an effective classroom theory program, a comprehensive video training program and additional visual training aids are provided.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed CSA Standard B335-04 and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s, “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Truck Trucks”.
Instructor candidates must be competent on all lift truck classes and attachments that they will be required to instruct on. In addition, the participant must be an effective communicator with strong verbal and directional skills. To meet the CSA Standard B335-04, additional instructor pre-requisites may be required including WHMIS Certification and TDG Certification when applicable.
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Hazard awareness
- Operator responsibility
- Pedestrian awareness
- Defensive operating
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Load integrity and selection
- Dock area safety
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/offloading
- Travelling on grades
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Battery charging and changing
- Vehicle stability
- Safe-Lift DVD program
- Practical training and testing techniques
DURATION & LOCATION
1 day program on-site at your location
optional 2nd day includes a Safe-Tech instructor coaching and providing feedback to your trainer during their first classroom session with your operators.
- Written examination
- Practical operating instruction and testing
- Record of training report
- Individual wallet certificates (for course participants)
- Instructor manuals complete with: Ministry of Labour Guidelines, equipment specific pre-shift inspection forms, operator evaluation forms and practical operating tests
- “Safe-Lift” DVD Training Program complete with: instructor manual, operator manual, exam, 10 certificates (this is the same program provided by the O.S.S.A. and the I.A.P.A.)
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records become misplaced.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.