The Safe-Tech Powered Pallet Truck Operator Training Program consists of a 4-hour classroom theory program presented in an interactive format which covers all aspects of lift truck safety and operation. An on-site individual practical operating test will follow where incorrect operating techniques are identified and corrected and the pre-shift inspection procedures are reviewed. This program is suitable for new and existing operators and will provide the participant with the necessary knowledge to safely and correctly operate your specific type of powered pallet truck.
The CSA Standard B335-04 recommends that lift truck operators receive retraining on both theory and practical every three years with a mid-term practical evaluation every 18 months.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed the CSA Standard and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s, “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Truck Trucks”.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Vehicle stability
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Load integrity and selection
- Operator responsibility
- Dock area safety
- Pedestrian awareness
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/off-loading procedures
- Travelling on grades
- Defensive operating
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Battery charging and changing
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and follows the classroom training. The operator is tested individually and put through a series of operating tasks and manoeuvres to assess competency and safety awareness on the equipment. Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures are also covered. Average testing time is approximately 30 minutes per operator.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type and aptitude of the operator. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled.
DURATION & LOCATION
- Three (3) hour classroom program held on-site at your location and;
- 30 minute practical operating test held on-site at your location.
- Classroom training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records are damaged or misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.