The Safe-Tech Elevated Work Platform Operator Training Program consists of a 3-4 hour classroom training session followed by a practical operating test. This program is recommended for new and existing operators of multiple types of elevated work platforms including boom trucks and aerial work platforms. Supervisors, managers and health and safety committee members may attend the classroom segment at no charge. This program will provide the participant with the necessary knowledge and skills to correctly and safely operate your type of elevated work platform specific to your operation.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation
- Vehicle stability
- Causes of accidents and injury
- Stabilizer systems
- Operator responsibility
- On-slab versus rough terrain
- Pedestrian awareness
- Powerline clearances
- Fall protection (equipment specific)
- Capacity plates
- Control systems
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Work site inspection
- Hazard awareness
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and follows the classroom training. The operator is tested individually and put through a series of operating tasks and manoeuvres to assess competency and safety awareness on the equipment. Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures are also covered. Average testing time is approximately 30 minutes per operator.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with limited or no practical operating experience will require practical training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type and aptitude of the operator. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled.
DURATION & LOCATION
- 3-hour classroom training session on site at your location;
- 30 minute practical operating test held on-site at your location. (additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment)
- Classroom theory training
- Practical operating test on up to 2 pieces of equipment (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records become misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. "If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge".