The Safe-Tech Overhead Crane Operator Training Program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing. The program covers a broad spectrum of overhead crane operation and rigging focussing on those particular to your operation. Participants will learn how to safely and effectively operate your specific overhead crane(s), attachments and related components. This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience may require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent guidelines and regulations including components from CSA Standard B167-08 and ANSI/ASME B30.2.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Basic equipment and design principles
- Pre-shift equipment inspections
- Types of hardware
- Safe hoisting/operating techniques
- Hand signals for slingers and operators
- Occurrence/damages causes
- Internal responsibility
- Capacity ratings/load weight calculations
- Equipment applications/rigging
- Pedestrian/operator safety
- Hitches and angles
- Turning/flipping loads safely
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the in-class segment. The instructor will work with 2 operators at a time for approximately 30 – 60 minutes.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience may require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type(s) and aptitude of the participant. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled.
DURATION & LOCATION
- 4 – 8 hour in-class program held on-site at your location (duration is dependent on type(s) of cranes and attachments and complexity of operation)
- Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location. The instructor works with two operators at a time for approximately 30-60 minutes.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records become misplaced.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your operators are due for recertification.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. "If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge".