The Elevated Work Platform Operator Instructor Program is designed to fulfill the knowledge requirements of an elevated work platform instructor. Participants will be provided with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide effective training and evaluation of your elevated work platform operators. Training is specific to the equipment types used in your operation and includes both in-class and practical components.
Instructor candidates must be competent on all elevated work platform types that they will be required to instruct on and possess effective communication and directional skills.
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation
- Vehicle stability
- Causes of accidents and injury
- Stabilizer systems
- Operator responsibility
- On-slab versus rough terrain
- Pedestrian awareness
- Power line clearances
- Fall protection (equipment specific)
- Capacity plates
- Control systems
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Work site inspection
- Hazard awareness
- Practical training and testing techniques
DURATION & LOCATION
- 1 day at your location.
- Optional 2nd day includes a Safe-Tech instructor coaching and providing feedback to your trainer during their first classroom session with your operators.
- Written examination
- Practical operating instruction and testing
- Record of training report
- Individual wallet certificates (for course participants)
- Instructor manuals complete with: Safe-Tech Elevated Work Platform Operator Training Manual, equipment specific pre-shift inspection forms, operator evaluation forms and practical operating tests
- Safe-Tech Elevated Work Platform Operator PowerPoint Presentation
- 1 x scale model training aid
- All Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of custom designed models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies attend our programs at no charge.
- We maintain a detailed database record of each operator we train. This ensures your data will always be available to you if your records become misplaced.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.