- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are the number one type of work-related lost-time claims reported to the WSIB.
- Employers are required by law to take every reasonable precaution to protect workers from hazards, including those that may result in MSD injuries.
MSD FACTS (2009 Statistics)
In Ontario, MSDs account for:
- 44% of all lost-time claims
- 41% of all lost-time claim costs, and
- 44% of all lost-time days
This interactive program will explore common causes and controls of MSDs, and introduce the participants to the procedures required to safely handle material in the workplace.
- Biometrics of Manual Material Handling
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Recognizing Manual Material Handling Hazards
- Controlling Workplace Manual Material Handling Hazards
DURATION & LOCATION
- 2.5 hours on-site at your location.
- Classroom theory training
- Record of training
- Framed wall certificate for company
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training methods incorporate the use of models and visual aids which enhance interest and help facilitate a higher comprehension level for all operators.
- Our internal tracking system automatically notifies you at least 30 days before your personnel are due for recertification.
- The first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.